Writing English C & D
- Writing Essays: From Paragraph to Essay. Zemach, D. & Ghulldu, L. Macmillan. 2011.
- English Writing Course Pack. Marlowe, J. & M. Rooks. 2016
- Graded Readers available in the Fukae campus library
- Build reading fluency through extensive reading practice
- Build writing fluency through timed writing practice
- Practice constructing complex sentences through sentence-combining practice
- Learn to explain ideas and organize them into a cohesive essay
- Read 100,000 words at an appropriate level
- Increase writing fluency output
- Demonstrate ability to write a paragraph with topic, supporting & concluding sentences.
- Demonstrate ability to write a cohesive and organized essay with an introduction, a thesis statement, body paragraphs and a concluding paragraph.
- 30%: Reading
- 30%: Essays
- 20%: SC/Timed Writing/ Homework
- 20%: Teacher Option
Mreader Grade Check:
Check your teacher’s page for details on your Mreader assessment.