Writing English A & B
- Writing Essays: From Paragraph to Essay. Zemach, D. & Ghulldu, L. Macmillan. 2011.
- English Writing & Communication Course Pack. Marlowe, J. & M. Rooks. 2016
- Graded Readers available in the Fukae campus library
- Build reading fluency through extensive reading practice
- Build writing fluency through timed writing practice
- Practice constructing complex sentences through sentence-combining practice
- Learn to explain ideas and organize them into cohesive paragraph
- Read at least 100,000 words (50,000 words per quarter)
- 80,000 words = 100%; 50,000 words = 70%
- Increase the number of words written in timed writing tasks
- Increase variety and complexity of sentence level writing
- Demonstrate the ability to write a cohesive and organized paragraph with a topic sentence, supporting sentences and concluding sentence.
- 30%: Reading
- 30%: Paragraphs
- 20%: SC/Timed Writing
- 20%: Teacher Option
Mreader Grade Check:
Check your teacher’s page for details on your Mreader assessment.